Field of competence

Ombuds Brussels handles complaints and disclosure about the Brussels regional or municipal administrations.

In the event of problems with a public administration:

  1. Check the list below to find the public authority in question.
  2. Always contact the public administration to try and resolve the issue before you lodge a complaint with us.
  3. If no solution can be found or the public administration does not get back to you, lodge your complaint with us.

If you have been a witness to an abuse of authority or fraud, go to our "Disclosures" page.

The list is not exhaustive. If you can't find public administration you are looking for, make sure to contact us + link.

If you are experiencing problems with another public administration or a private provider like a courier service, your energy or Internet provider, a bank or an insurance company, there are other ombuds services who will be able to help you.

More information